Great Acting in: 'Beware of the Car'


For the last three weeks or so I've been participating in the FilmsFatale 'Great Film Challenge' on Instagram, daily highlights for films I like, love, (and/or films that fit the prompt), I thought I'd post my choices here too (my halfway post didn't display so well for some reason, so we'll play catchup do it one by one) c:


Day 1: Film with Great Acting

“Beware of the Car” or Береги́сь автомоби́ля (1962) is one of those films where it is as much of a joy to connect with the characters as well as their performers, two of the USSR’s greatest men of the stage. The spirit of Stanislavski permeates the film’s gentle melancholic mystery, with the sublimely gentle Efremov and the sublimely transformative Smoktunovsky, seen here together with long-time friend Georgiy Zhzhonov - gets better each time you see it Xo

Comments