"They Gave Her Back to Me, Scotty": My Favourite Star Trek Character


Hopefully one day I'll also maybe migrate some of my fun posts here too instead of just desktop-archiving the longer text ones, but here was one I wrote for my favourite golden-headed Shatner. It feels a little stupid saying this, but it's how I really feel: the two drydock scenes in “Star Trek: The Motion Picture” (1979) are some of the closest times I’ve ever come to experiencing true religion or true love on screen haha :’) like a cinematic spiritual transportation, nothing more rewarding than the joyful homecoming of a much-missed and beloved spaceship, a decade after the last TOS episode aired. Jerry Goldsmith’s richly stirring Enterprise theme does real justice to two great reveal/reunion scenes, so lovingly directed and produced on such a grand scale too, the first time fans could really marvel close-up at this starship, this moving home, waiting patiently for her Captain Kirk so we could all ‘boldly go where no-one has gone before’ :') Xo

Comments